Monday, May 4, 2009

Not quite what I imagined!

This has been sitting in my UFO pile for a few months now. It's a velour Henrika dress and I had decided to applique a fairy to the front but she looked nothing like what I had envisioned when I started out. Anyway I have come to the realisation that any sewing project is a learning experience, even those ones that don't go to plan, so I finished it off so it can be worn. At the very least it's very soft and snuggly, I never used to like velour - I thought it was nasty and kinda cheap looking but that was the synthetic stuff. Now that I've discovered how soft and beautiful cotton velour is I'm kinda wishing I could get away with wearing a velour dress myself. Hmmm, maybe not a good look but I could maybe get away with some soft cosy tracky daks!!

velour henrika

henrika applique

No comments: