Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Washing line musings

As a single mum of 4 I do a lot of washing. A whole lot. Yet this is the one job I don't mind doing. I stand outside and get my washing line tan, a little sun on my hair for natural streaks and I enjoy the air and the breeze and ponder life while I peg tshirts socks and knickers and sheets and every other washable item that's been filthied up by 4 kids, 1 kelpie, 1 cat and 3 kittens. 

When I get completely overwhelmed by the volume of washing I remember something I once heard....another mum who'd said, as she pegged, she offered thanks that her children were alive and healthy enough to dirty their clothes. I try to live by that philosophy. I don't always succeed but I do try. I think of all the mum's who've lost their children and I thank the universe mine are still with me, even when they are driving me batshit crazy. 

I have no great words of wisdom here, only that joy can be found in the little things and that is where I find the greatest peace. 

Happy washing day....



No comments: